ZIMBABWE – SAVE VALLEY
Mokore is situated in the world famous Save Valley Conservancy in the South East Lowveld of Zimbabwe. The Save Valley Conservancy is just under 1 million acres in size and is reported to be the largest private wildlife area in the world. The area is renowned for its big 4 hunting as well as a huge variety and abundance of plainsgame. There is a wide diversity of habitats including open acacia woodland, mopane woodland, thick riverine vegetation and broken granite outcrops. Black and white rhino and wild dogs occur on Mokore and are likely to be seen during your safari there.
Mokore Camp is situated on the banks of the Turgwe River in the heart of the Save Valley Conservancy. The camp boasts six luxury stone under thatch chalets with en-suite bathrooms. The dining area is continuous with a wooden deck that offers stunning views of the river. The camp is shaded by a canopy of giant nyala berry trees.
It is possible to hire firearms, however we strongly recommend clients to bring their own rifles, shotguns and ammunition. Clients hiring weapons will be charged $40 per day, regardless of calibre or make. (When hiring a weapon client will be charged for the duration of the safari). This does not include ammunition which will be charged separately. On arrival in Zimbabwe a temporary import permit will be issued once your firearm(s) and ammunition have been physically inspected by customs officials. It is essential that you state the exact amount of ammunition you will be bringing into the country. Clients who transit through South Africa on their way to us will have to complete firearms forms for this country. We recommend using Air 2000 to ensure that this process goes smoothly and without incident. For dangerous game such as elephant, buffalo and lion, calibres of .375 or bigger must be used. For soft skinned animals, any weapon in the 7mm or .38 / .300 range may be used. Sixty rounds of each calibre should be sufficient. For the heavier calibre weapons we prefer a mixture of solid and soft nosed ammunition whilst just soft nose bullets are preferred for the medium and lighter calibre weapons. Trophy bonded, Swift A-Frame or Barnes X are good choices. When importing weapons for your safari you will also need to have a completed Firearms Temporary Import Permit Form. We recommend that you arrive with these forms in TRIPLICATE fully completed to make things easier upon arrival in the country.
Most hunting areas in Zimbabwe are Malaria areas and so we recommend that all clients take Malarone for the duration of their stay.
Items included in Daily Rate
- The services of a professional hunter or professional hunters as agreed upon at time of booking.
- The services of gun bearers, trackers, field and camp assistants, cooks and skinners.
- The use of four wheel drive safari vehicles.
- Full accommodation, which includes daily laundry, all foods, alcoholic beverages and sodas.
Items not included in Daily Rates
- Trophy fees payable for animals killed or wounded.
- Taxidermy fees (this also means dip and pack).
- Weapons and ammunition.
- Transport to the first hunting area and from the last hunting area.
- All charter flights.
- Gratuities to staff.
- A 2% government levy on total daily rates and on trophy fees.
- MARS – Medical Air Rescue Service
- $20/person/day Conservation Levy.NB. All full days spent on safari that were not originally allocated as hunting days will be charged plainsgame rates.
Any safari activity is potentially hazardous and it is essential that all lawful directions and advice of the Safari Operator and / or Professional Hunter be followed. We accept no responsibility for any illness, accident or loss whatsoever incurred in the course of the safari or for any expenses arising from such illness, accident or loss.
A deposit of 50% of the total value of the daily rate is required to confirm the booking of a safari. Should a client wish to cancel a safari, the following will apply:
- If cancelled more than 180 days before the commencement of the hunt, the client will be refunded 90% of their deposit.
- If cancelled 90 – 179 days prior to commencement of the safari, the client will be entitled to a refund amounting to 50% of the deposit paid.
- If cancelled 0 – 89 days prior to commencement of the safari, clients will forfeit the total deposit paid.
The balance of the daily rates and trophy fees for the animals that are killed or wounded are paid on completion of the safari. Daily rates will not be subject to change once the full deposit is paid. However, trophy fees are subject to change and will be the trophy fee quoted for the year in which the safari takes place.
We field prepare all trophies to clients instructions and will either dip and pack for export or deliver them to the local taxidermist of the client’s choice for mounting.
Weather and season
Hunting in Zimbabwe is possible year round but we recommend hunting from April through to October.
|Days required||Type of hunting||US$|
|5 day||Non-trophy Buffalo Package ( Below 34″ and Non-exportable)||$8500 Package|
|5 day||Non-trophy Buffalo Package ( Below 34″ and Exportable)||$9500 Package|
|7 day||Plainsgame Mokore||1×1 – $550/Day|
|7 day||Plainsgame Mokore(2 clients per 1 Pro-Hunter)||2×1 – 500 each/Day|
|7 day||Plainsgame Mokore Bowhunt||1×1 – $500/Day|
|7 day||Plainsgame Bowhunt Mokore (2 clients per 1 Pro-Hunter)||2×1 – $450 each/Day|
|7 day||Plainsgame Mokore Bowhunt (3 clients per Pro-hunter)||3×1 – $400 each/Day|
|7 day||Non-trophy Elephant ( broken Ivory or Cow, Non-exportable)||$ 12000 Package|
|10 day||Tuskless Elephant /Plainsgame||1 x 1 – $1000/Day|
|12 day||Tuskless Elephant /Buffalo/Plainsgame||1 x 1 – $1300/Day|
|10 day||Buffalo/Plainsgame||1 x 1 – $1250/Day|
|10 day||Buffalo/Plainsgame (2 clients per Pro-Hunter)||2×1 – $1200 each/Day|
|15 day||Leopard /Plainsgame||1 x 1 – $1250/Day|
|15 day||Buffalo/Sable/Plainsgame||1×1 – $1250/Day|
|15 day||Buffalo/Leopard/Plainsgame Mokore||1 x1 – $1450/Day|
|18 day||Buffalo/Leopard/Sable/Plainsgame||1×1 – $1450/Day|
|12 day||Elephant/Plainsgame||1×1 – $1500/Day|
|15 day||Elephant/Buffalo/Plainsgame||1×1 – $1500/Day|
|21 day||Lion/Buffalo/Tuskless Ele/Sable/Plainsgame||1×1 – $2500/Day|
|28 day||Lion/Elephant/Buffalo/Tuskless Ele/Sable/Plainsgame||1×1 – $2500/Day|
- Observer Fee for big game safari: US$250 per person per day
- CITES permits for elephant, leopard and crocodile: $150 each
- Pre-baiting for cat or crocodile hunts: $300 per day + bait trophy fees
- Vehicle Transfer from Harare to Mokore $500 one way
- Vehicle Transfer from Sengwa to Mokore – One Way $750
- Conservation Levy – $20/person/day
- 2% Gov levy on total daily rates and trophy fees.
|TROPHY FEES||US$||TROPHY FEES||US$|
|Elephant Cow Tuskless||4000||Antbear||200|
|Bushbuck (Chobi) – Sengwa||750||Mongoose||50|
|Klipspringer||600||Guinea Fowl & Francolin||5|
* Note all wounded animals are classified as trophy animals. Bow hunters to make their own judgement
** Trophy fees will be charged as quoted per brochure for the year the safari takes place!
*** Waterbuck are only available on minimum of a 15 day safari.