Zimbabwe – Chewore North & South
DURATION OF SAFARI
Hunting can be conducted all year round, however the period April to October is generally recognized as the prime hunting period. The rains fall from November to March and accessibility to certain areas is limited. May, June and July are the cooler months with October being the hottest. See the price list below for minimum days required for the different species.
ACCOMMODATION AND HUNTING AREA
There is a number of camps throughout these hunting areas. These camps range from well-appointed thatched chalets with en-suite bathrooms to more traditional tented style accommodation. A comfortable safari camp is an important aspect of your safari. You will find the accommodations among the finest in Africa. Regardless of camp location, you will experience the finest in African hospitality including hot showers and daily laundry service. The meals prepared by the chefs are among the finest to be found in any hunting camp, worldwide. You will enjoy a large variety of wild game dishes as well as a more traditional cuisine ….perfectly prepared. If requested, the chefs can also cater to individual client’s tastes and dietary requirements. An exquisitely prepared meal accompanied by a fine bottle of wine is an unexpected pleasure of safari life.
For well over a century, the Zambezi Valley has been considered a Mecca for big game hunters. Early hunters like Selous explored this area in their quest for adventure. The ‘Valley’ with the Zambezi River as its northern border and the escarpment as its southern, is made up of a wide variety of contrasting habitats: large flood plains, thick Jesse bush, mopane forests and rolling hills. The ‘Valley’ is known for its classic big game including huge herds of elephant, and one of the highest concentrations of Cape buffalo in Africa. The remoteness of the Valley combined with the abundance of prey species and limited quota’s makes this an excellent area to hunt the greats cats; lion and leopard. The numerous islands and marshes that abound along the Zambezi, also provides the opportunity to hunt Africa’s two aquatic species; hippo and crocodile.
HUNTING LICENSES AND EXPORT OF TROPHIES
Licenses are obtained for you but are not included in the trophy fee. Trophies are field prepared, cleaned, disinfected, dipped and packed ready for delivery to a taxidermist of your choice. Some species require CITES permits and we will advise you on this before booking.
TRAVEL INFORMATION AND FIREARMS
My associates subscribe to the Medical Air Rescue Service (MARS) and are linked to their HF radio network, thus enabling a medical team to respond to any life threatening situations at short notice. Medical insurance is available at US$10.00 per person per day under the MARS scheme. This will cover the ambulance and air rescue costs to the nearest suitable medical facility. All hospital and related medical costs are to be covered by the client’s personal medical insurance.It is recommended that anti-malarial tablets be taken before, during and after your stay. Please consult your doctor in this regard. Although all hunting vehicles carry first aid kits, it is advisable to carry your own supply of prescribed medication and first aid supplies. Please ensure that your polio, cholera, typhoid and tetanus vaccinations are up to date.
Valid passports are essential. Visas, if required can usually be purchased at the port of entry and currently cost US$30 per person, however, it is best to check with your local travel agent before depature.You will fly into Johannesburg International Airport in South Africa, from where you will fly to Harare International Airport. Here you will be met and transferred by air charter to the Dande North Concession, at a cost according to the type of plane used and the amount of clients. Clients preferring to drive into Dande will be charged for the return road transfer.All persons departing from any major airport in Zimbabwe are required to pay airport tax. For domestic flights, either charter or scheduled, all passengers are required to pay US$5 departure tax. International departure tax (US$ 30) is normally included in the cost of the tickets, however please check with your travel agent that this has been done. It is recommended that visitors carry the exact denominations for this purpose.
A medium calibre bolt-action rifle such as a .30-06 or .300 Win Mag is suitable for most plains game and leopard. Large antelope such as eland require a minimum calibre of .338. If dangerous game is to be hunted, a .375 H&H Magnum or larger is recommended. Use only the best premium grade bullets available such as Nosler, Barnes or Trophy Bonded. Solids are recommended for thick-skinned animals such as buffalo and elephant. Sixty rounds per calibre is suggested. It is wise to practice your shooting well before the safari so that you are totally comfortable with your rifle/s and ammunition.
- Fulltime professional hunter and all camp staff.
- All inclusive accommodation and laundry service.
- Full catering, soft drinks, local beer, cordials, teas and coffees.
- Transport in hunting area during safari.
- Field preparation of trophies.
- Hunting and firearm license.
- Tobacco and gratuities to camp staff.
- Charter flights to- and from the hunting area.
- Trophy fees for game taken or wounded and lost, including baits.
- Taxidermist cost, dipping, packing, shipping and insurance of trophies.
- Hotel accommodation before/ after safari period.
- Airfare to- and from South Africa.
- Medical Air Rescue Service (MARS) insurance.
- Phone calls and faxes.
- Optional excursions.
- Hire of firearms and ammunition.
- 2% Government Levy.
- Airport Tax.
- CITES Tags.
TERMS OF BUSINESS
- A deposit of 40% on total daily rate is required to confirm booking.
- No refund of deposit can be made if client cancels safari within 6 months of contracted safari date, unless safari can be rebooked. In this case, an administration fee of 25% of the daily rate will be charged. In the event of a hunt being cancelled prior to six (6) months of the date of the Safari, then 50% of the deposit will be refundable.
- All charges are subject to change.
- Way of payment will be arranged on booking of safari.
- Trophy charges are applicable only on animals actually bagged or wounded and lost.
- The information on this page is only applicable on Zimbabwe Chewore North & -South.
- We do not take any responsibility for luggage that are lost on your flights. The contracted safari period stays as stipulated and any charges concerning this matter are for your own account.
- No refund of daily rates will be made if full trophy bag is obtained before completion of the contracted safari period.
- The balance on the daily rate, Medical Air Rescue Insurance and air charter is due 90 days prior to commencement of the safari .Trophy fees, dip and pack, hiring of rifles, staff gratuities etc., are to be paid prior to departure from camp in either cash or traveler’s cheques. No personal cheques will be accepted in Zimbabwe.
- This quotation and information on Victor Hunting Safaris Africa – Zimbabwe Chewore North & -South, supersedes all other quotations and information on Victor Hunting Safaris Africa.
RATES & PRICES ZIMBABWE
(All prices quoted in US$)
|NO||HUNT PACKAGE||DAILY RATE||DAYS REQUIRED||MAIN SPECIES AVAILABLE|
|1||Classic “Big Four” Safari||POA||24 days||Elephant bull, buffalo, lion, leopard, sable, waterbuck & plains game|
|2||Classic “21 Day” Safari||POA||21 days||Elephant bull, Lion OR leopard, buffalo & plains game|
|3||Lion||1850/day||21 days||Lion, buffalo & plains game|
|4||Elephant(Tuskless)/Buffalo||1195/day||14 days||Elephant, buffalo & plains game|
|5||Elephant Bull/ Buffalo||1450/day||14 days||Elephant bull, buffalo & plainsgame|
|6||Buffalo/Hippo/Croc||1195/day||14 days||Buffalo, hippo, croc|
|7||Buffalo/Croc OR Hippo||1195/day||12 days||Buffalo, croc|
|8||Buffalo/Leopard||1395/day||14 days||Buffalo, leopard & plains game|
|9||Buffalo/Lioness||1395/day||14 days||Buffalo, lioness & plains game|
|10||Buffalo/Plains Game||1090/day||10 days||Buffalo bull, & general plains game|
|11||Tuskless Elephant||950/day||7 days||Tuskless elephant & plains game|
|12||Plains Game||650/day||7 days||Plains game|
2 on 1 Hunts
Deduct US$50/day per hunter from the Daily Rate for all hunts conducted on a 2 on 1 basis.
|Children under 10 years||No Charge|
Air Charter Rates
Note: All rates are quoted one way and are subject to change.
|FROM||TO||SINGLE ENGINE CESSNA 206 (3 PAX)||TWIN ENGINE NAVAJO (5 PAX)||TURBO PROP (8 PAX) MU2 PRESSURIZED|
|Harare||Lower Zambezi Valley||1100||1650||POR|
|Baboon||50||Genet Cat||250||Leopard||4 500|
|Buffalo Bull||2 900||Grysbok||250||Lion||7 500|
|Buffalo Cow||1 500||Guinea Fowl||5||Lioness||4 500|
|Bushpig||400||Hippo Bull||3 500||Porcupine||150|
|Civet Cat||450||Honey Badger||200||Sable||5 500|
|Crocodile||3 500||Hyena||350||Sand Grouse||5|
|Doves||5||Impala Male||250||Serval Cat||500|
|Duck / Geese||5||Impala Female||150||Warthog||450|
|Eland||1 500||Klipspringer||750||Waterbuck cow||400|
|Elephant Bull||13 000||Kudu Bull||1 100||Wildcat||150|
|Elephant Tuskless||3 500||Kudu Cow||400||Zebra||1 100|
(Additional costs over and above daily rates, trophy fees and transfer costs)
|CITES tags for elephant, leopard and crocodile||$100 each|
|Field Preparation of Trophies – Per Hunter||2 species or less: $300, 3 to 10 species: $600, over 10 species: $800|
|Government Levy on Daily Rate & Trophy Fees||2%|
|Gratuities||at Clients discretion|
|Medical Air Rescue Service (MARS) Insurance||$10 per person per day|
|Pre-Baiting (Cat hunts)||$225 per day + bait fees|
|Transfer Day – if option taken to relocate to another area||$225 per person|