South Africa Hunting Safaris
DURATION OF SAFARI
I suggest a hunting period of 12 to 14 days for plains game safaris and not less than 7 days per hunting area, to obtain a full bag. I will however suggest to you how much time is required for the species and areas in which they are obtainable. I specialize in the Limpopo Province (R.S.A.), besides having access to other areas throughout South Africa. I make use of associated outfitters for the other provinces. Dangerous game safaris will require a minimum amount of days to be booked, usually 14 days.
ACCOMMODATION AND HUNTING AREA
The camps are all comfortable, safe and caters for your every need, laundry is done daily. I ensure exclusivity to all camps and areas wherever possible. The accommodation consist of tented bush camps, hunter’s lodges or cottage-style farm accommodation, all with comfortable beds, flush toilets and hot & cold bath and/or shower facilities. The hunting areas in South Africa are all situated on well-managed game farms. The areas will be discussed with you on enquiry, considering the species that you are interested in.
HUNTING LICENSES AND EXPORT OF TROPHIES
Licenses are obtained for you and are included in the trophy fee. Trophies are field prepared and transported to a taxidermist, from there, dipping, packing, shipping, taxidermy and insurance are for your own account. We will help with arrangements on your behalf. Some species require CITES permits and we will advise you on this before booking.
TRAVEL INFORMATION AND FIREARMS
No health hazards occur in South Africa, therefore no inoculations are required. Malaria do occur in certain parts of South Africa. I will however inform you on that, when a decision is reached on your area of hunting. Please consult your doctor before departure. Your travel arrangements will be discussed with you prior to your booking. Your caliber requirements will be discussed with you prior to your booking, considering the area and the trophies required. We will supply you with the necessary documentation that you must complete before arrival in South Africa. Firearms are available for hire.
- Fulltime professional hunter and all camp staff.
- All inclusive accommodation and laundry service.
- Full catering, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages, including special tastes if notified well in advance.
- Transport in hunting area during safari.
- Field preparation and transport of trophies to taxidermist.
- Hunting licenses.
- Transport from International airport to first hunting area by road, if requested.
- Tobacco and gratuities to camp staff.
- Charter flights to- and from the hunting area, if requested.
- Trophy fees for game taken or wounded and lost.
- Taxidermist cost, dipping, packing, shipping and insurance of trophies.
- Hotel accommodation before/ after safari period.
- Transport for change of hunting areas, e.g. R.S.A. to other countries or within these countries.
- Airfare to- and from South Africa.
- Airport meeting at first airport upon arrival, if requested (US$50), only applicable if charter flight is taken to hunting area.
- Extra car hire maybe required for family safaris or large groups.
- Phone calls and faxes.
- Optional excursions.
- Hire of firearms and ammunition.
- CITES Permits
TERMS OF BUSINESS
- A deposit of 50% on total daily rate is required to confirm booking.
- No refund of deposit can be made if client cancels safari within 6 months of contracted safari date, unless safari can be rebooked. In all other instances the deposit will be refunded less 10% administration fee.
- All charges are subject to change.
- Way of payment will be arranged on booking of safari.
- Trophy charges are applicable only on animals actually bagged or wounded and lost.
- The information on this page is only applicable on South Africa.
- We do not take any responsibility for luggage that are lost on your flights. The contracted safari period stays as stipulated and any charges concerning this matter are for your own account.
- No refund of daily rates will be made if full trophy bag is obtained before completion of the contracted safari period.
- The balance on the daily rate is payable on arrival and trophy fees on the last day of your safari.
- This quotation and information on the South African Safari supersedes all other quotations and information on Victor Hunting Safaris Africa.
RATES & PRICES SOUTH AFRICA
(All prices quoted in US$, except Buffalo)
|Baboon, Chacma||300||Leopard, African||POR|
|Blesbok, Common||500||Lion, African||POR|
|Blesbok, White||700||Monkey, Vervet||300|
|Buffalo, Southern Male (South African Rand)||120000||Ostrich||700|
|Buffalo, Southern Female (South African Rand)||35000||Reedbuck, Common||1200|
|Bush Pig||650||Reedbuck, Southern Mountain||950|
|Bushbuck, South African (Limpopo)||1150||Rhinoceros, White||POR|
|Duiker, (Grey)Southern Bush||400||Springbuck, Common||550|
|Eland, Cape||2600||Springbuck, Black||900|
|Impala, Southern||495||Waterbuck, Common||2300|
|Jackal, Black-Backed||100||Wildebeest, Black/White-tailed Gnu||1200|
|Klipspringer||1000||Wildebeest, Blue/Brindled Gnu||1100|
Kudu, Southern Greater
|2300 2800 4500||Zebra, Burchell’s||1350|
Daily Rates – Plains Game
|1 Client / 1 PH||400|
|2 Clients / 1 PH||350|
Daily Rates – Dangerous Game
(Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino, Elephant, Hippo)
|1 Client / 1 PH||400|
|2 Clients / 1 PH||350|
Hire of Firearms
(Ammunition will be charged at local rates per box)
|Firearm / day||50|