We operate the hunting concession in the North Eastern area of the French Congo bordering Cameroon and the Central African Republic. Brazzaville is located in the Republic of the Congo, which is an independent country from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). This area has never been hunted before commercially, and is ideal for a safari operation. The logging history of this tropical jungle has ensured that the area has a good quality road network in place, although the logging companies are not operational in the area anymore.
BASIC STRUCTURE OF A HUNT
- Fly directly to Brazzaville in Congo – Air France (Delta Airways Partner) operates this route and has regular flights both ways. Please confirm the date with us before you book.
- Client from South Africa will fly to Brazzaville from Johannesburg using Inter Air or Kenia Air.
- You will be met by a representative of ours at the airport as you disembark from your plane, which escort you to the VIP lounge, and assist you with all the necessary steps at the airport, and then take you to your hotel.
- Stay over in the hotel for the night – the average rate for a hotel is about $120 per night.
- The next morning, our representative will take you to the airport again, after which you would take a connecting flight to Ouesso in the North of the Congo – a return trip on this flight is priced at about $200. There are only two flights between Ouesso and Brazzaville per week, so please make sure that you book your flights to coordinate with them. Unfortunately you cannot book these flights online, but our representative will assist you with the booking of the flight.
- You will be picked up by your PH at the airport in Ouesso.
- The drive to the camp takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour.
- Your hunt will last between 9 and 13 days, excluding travelling days, all depending on the available flights.
- Your return after your hunt will be conducted in the same manner in reverse.
- Your trophies will be delivered to DHL ready for shipping, after which the delivery to your desired taxidermist will be managed by yourself or your nominee.
- The lodging consists of permanent brick and mortar structures.
- Each chalet is equipped with an en-suite bathroom containing a flushing loo and a shower with hot water.
- Access to a satellite phone is close at hand should it be necessary.
- You are requested to apply for a VISA before their departure to Brazzaville. An invitation letter will be sent to you after we received the information as requested below, which you would need for your application.
- Congo is a high risk Malaria area therefore it is strongly advised that clients take the necessary precautions by taking Malaria tablets and bringing mosquito repellent.
- A deposit of 50% of the package price will secure a booking. The balance is payable at least 30 days prior to the start of the safari. Extra animals hunted can be paid at the end of the hunt.
- The balance of the deposit (with direct expenses deducted) may be forfeited in the event of a cancellation if we are unable to secure a replacement booking.
- As soon as the deposit has been paid, the following information must be sent to us via email:
- A reasonable resolution scanned copy of the hunter’s passport
- Rifle details – make, serial number (of each barrel in the case of Blasers) and calibre.
- On receipt of this information we will send you an invitation letter which is needed for your visa application. Periodically the government asks for a second letter of invitation that you would need at the airport – we will supply you with one should it be necessary at the time of your hunt.
PACKAGE PRICE –
- Accommodation and daily laundry
- Soft drinks, wine and beer served in camp
- Experienced Professional Hunter
- Trained staff, trackers and skinners and
field preparation of trophies
- Taxidermy processes and shipping charges
- Gratuities to staff, professional hunters and camp staff
- Trophy fees of additional species taken. Animals wounded and lost will be paid in full
- Rifle hire at $50 per client per day, which includes reasonable use of ammunition.
- Hotel and Guesthouse expenses before and after the safari. Pre safari day at own cost
- Specially requested imported food and drinks
- CITES license fees and permit fees where applicable
- Cost of telephone calls and faxes made by clients
- The firearms we have firearms available for use in camp are: 375, 416, Shotgun
- If you would like to bring your own rifles please ensure that you supply us with your rifle information well ahead of your hunt in order for us to make arrangements to allow their temporary import into the country.
1. 12 Day Bongo hunt - US$ 28 000
- Add Dwarf Buffalo – US$ 8 000
- Add Sitatunga – US$ 8 000
- Add Yellow Backed Duiker – US$ 6 000
(Above prices only if added to your bongo hunt, if you add any of the above animals, your hunt becomes a 15 day hunt)
2. 10 Day Forest Buffalo hunt – US$ 15 000
3. 10 Day Sitatunga hunt – US$ 15 000
4. 10 Day Yellow Backed Duiker hunt – US$ 12 000
TROPHY FEES FOR EXTRA ANIMALS
|Forest Buffalo||US$ 8000|
|Yellow Backed Duiker||US$ 6000|
|Black Fronted Duiker||US$ 1000|
|Peter’s Duiker||US$ 1000|
|Blue Duiker||US$ 1000|
|Bay Duiker||US$ 1000|
|Red River Hog||US$ 1500|
|Giant Forrest Hog||US$ 3000|
|Bush Pig||US$ 500|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Package prices are all inclusive and are quoted per person
- Daily rate for an observer is $300
- Package price does not include flights to and from Brazzaville, travel to and from Ouesso, accommodation in Brazzaville before and after the hunt, and export of trophies to the client’s country.